SAOA 2016 Call for Papers
45 JAIIO – 45 Jornadas Argentinas de Informática
5-9th September, 2016
Centro Cultural Borges
Universidad Nacional Tres de Febrero (UNTREF), CABA – Argentina
Ontological Engineering is a multidisciplinary field that deals with the study of the theories, concepts, methodologies and tools supporting the construction of conceptual models shared among a community in specific domains. In the last years there has been a new interest in ontology application to solve modeling problems in several areas of computer science and information system fields, such as Artificial Intelligence, Linguistic, Big Data, Knowledge Management, Semantic Web, Heterogeneous Database Integration, etc.
Worldwide, researchers in all these areas recognize the need for a serious commitment with ontologies in order to provide a basis for their work, where ontologies are seen as a general theory of the types of entities and relations t hat exists in their research fields. Moreover, in recent years many enterprises related to the application of ontologies and semantic technologies have emerged.
The Argentine Symposium on Ontologies and their Applications aims at providing a meeting point among researchers from different fields as well as professionals from industry having interest on ontologies. SAOA encourages the submission of original contributions ranging from academic research to industrial and business applications having a significant impact as well as lessons learned and best practices in ontology development.
TOPICS OF INTEREST include, but are not limited to:
- FOUNDATIONAL ISSUES
- METHODOLOGICAL ISSUES
- DOMAIN ONTOLOGIES
- APPLICATIONS OF ONTOLOGIES
– Entity ontological classification
– Formal relations
– Time and space representation
– Ontological analysis
– Reference ontologies and their role
– Upper level vs. domain ontologies
– Ontology integration and alignment
– Ontology development process
– Ontology representation languages
– Ontology reasoning
– Ontologies in Physics (material, space, time, movement, etc)
– Ontologies in Biology (genes, proteins, cells, etc)
– Ontology for representing belief, intentions, emotions, perceptions, etc.
– Ontology of artifacts, functions and roles
– Ontology for the representation of institutions, organizations, norms, social relations, arts, idioms, etc.
– Ontology in Engineering
– Ontology in Software Engineering
– Ontological foundations in conceptual modeling
– Ontology driven information system design
– Knowledge management
– Computational linguistic
– Information retrieval
– Semantic Web, Semantic Web Services
– Ontology applications in scientific fields like biology, chemistry, geography, physic, linguistic, etc.
– Use of ontologies for engineer: shape, functions, artifacts, manufacturing, design, etc.
– Ontologies in human science
– Ontologies in conceptual modeling
– Ontologies in database design.
Marcela Vegetti (INGAR-Dpto. ISI, CONICET-FRSF UTN)
Andrés Diaz Pace (ISISTAN-CONICET, UNICEN, Argentina)
Deadline for paper submissions: 23/5/2016
Notification of Acceptance/Rejection: 1/7/2016
Deadline for “camera-ready” submissions: 15/7/2016
– Ale, Mariel – UTN – FRSF, Argentina
– Almeida Falbo, Ricardo – Federal University of Espirito Santo, Brazil
– Ballejos, Luciana – CIDISI Facultad Regional Santa Fe (UTN), Argentina
– Cecchi, Laura Andrea -Universidad Nacional del Comahue -Facultad de Informática, Argentina
– Chiotti, Omar – INGAR (CONICET/UTN), Argentina
– Fillotrani, Pablo – Univ. Nacional del Sur Comisión de Investigaciones Científicas Prov. Bs.As, Argentina.
– Gonnet, Silvio – INGAR (Conicet – UTN) FRSF, Argentina
– Gomez, Sergio Alejandro – Universidad Nacional del Sur, Argentina
– Guarino, Nicola – ISTCCNR Laboratory for Applied Ontology, Trento, Italy
– Guizzardi, Giancarlo Federal – University of Espirito Santo, Brazil
– Guizzardi, Renata – Federal University of Espirito Santo, Brazil
– Gutierrez, Ma. de los Milagros – UTN FRSF CIDISI, Argentina
– Henning, Gabriela Patricia – INTEC (Universidad Nacional del Litoral, CONICET), Argentina
– Leone, Horacio – INGAR (Conicet – UTN) FRSF, Argentina
– Montejano, Germán – Universidad Nacional de San Luis , Universidad Nacional de La Pampa, Argentina
– Monteserin, Ariel – ISISTAN, CONICET-UNCPBA, Argentina
– Olsina, Luis – GIDIS_Web, Grupo de I+D en Ingeniería de Soft. y Web Facultad de Ing., UNLPam, Arg.
– Parente de Oliveira, José María – Aeronautics Institute of Technology ITA, Brazil.
– Rico, Mariela – CIDISI – UTN FRSF, Argentina
– Schiaffino, Silvia – ISISTAN, CONICET-UNCPBA, Argentina
– Silva Souza, Vitor E. -Federal University of Espírito Santo, Brazil
– Villarreal, Pablo – CIDISI-UTN Facultad Regional Santa Fe CONICET, Argentina
Authors are invited to submit papers under the following categories:
Full Paper: Original contributions, ranging from state of the art academic research to industrial and business applications, or experience reports, having a significant impact. (14 pages maximum).
Short Paper: Original contributions, ranging from state of the art academic research to industrial and business applications, or tool demonstrations, having a significant impact ( 6 pages maximum).
Oral Communications: Short presentations aimed at giving researchers the opportunity to further disseminate research results already published in top journals and conferences published during 2015-2016. ( 1 page maximum)
PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
SAOA 2016 seeks original contributions, ranging from state of the art academic research to industrial and business applications having a significant impact. The symposium will consist of invited talks and regular paper sessions presenting both mature work and new ideas in theoretical research and applications. All papers will be peer reviewed by at least two reviewers. The submission of manuscripts must follow the format available at:
All contributions should be submitted in PDF format. The page limit for a full paper is 14 pages, in A4 format. In case of short papers the limit is 6 pages. For diffusion reasons, papers in English are strongly recommended although Spanish and Portuguese are also acceptable. Each accepted paper should be presented in the symposium, and the presenter must be registered in the conference before the deadline for camera-ready submissions.
Papers that do not fulfill this requirement will not be included in the Symposium Proceedings. The accepted paper will be published in the 45th. JAIIO Proceedings and in a volume of CEUR Workshop Proceedings. Best papers will be invited for publication in the Electronic Journal of SADIO (http://www.sadio.org.ar/ejs/ )
For oral communications, we seek presentations discussing solid, recently published research results. We ask prospective contributors to submit an abstract (maximum 1 page) explaining the problem statement, motivation, research hypothesis and validation, and publication information (venue, date, link).
All the symposia at 45 JAIIO use SADIO’s conference management (sgc.sadio.org.ar/sgc/index.php) system t o handle submissions. To upload your contribution you first need to register and sign in. If you have any problems, check the detailed instructions about registration and submission.
For further information, visit: www.45jaiio.sadio.org.ar/saoa
or send an e-mail to: email@example.com